Monday, September 10, 2007

University of Maryland Hate Crime...

Sadly Last Friday, 09.07.07, a hate crime was committed at my school The University of Maryland College Park.

A noose was found hanging at the Nymburu Cultural Center. A center for all ethnicity's to host different functions. Black students relate the most to this building myself included.

I'm disgusted that acts such as these are still occurring around the nation. What shocks me even more was that it happened on my campus. I've always felt the most comfortable at Maryland but now I second every look I receive because I don't know who to trust or who is thinking what.

The campus police as well as the FBI are looking further into the matter. It could possibly be a Jena 6 copy or a stupid drunk dare from students who didn't think of the meaning of their actions.
I'll post comments taken from various students on the matter at another time.

~BabyD

Source

No comments: