Friday, October 19, 2007

Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf Big Things

I'm obligated to at least post this story.

Tonite my hero, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, aka first female president IN AFRICA, aka President of Liberia was awarded the Bishop John T. Walker Distinguished Humanitarian Service Award.

This is big and very important to...to everyone dammit.

I know I'm a bit obsessed with International Affairs and I try not to over do it on this blog but Great things are Great things. My mother was in attendance ( and tickets were $500 or more... don't let me find out my mother is balling on the sneak tip) and she filled me in on the ceremoney.

Celebs and Politicians were in the house. Including Chris Tucker who has actually done a lot of great work for Africa and visits Liberia frequently. My other obsession Bill Cliniton has previously won this award as well as Nelson Mandela, Colin Powell, and Melinda Gates.

YOu can check out the website for more info...

~BabyD

P.S I just love her!

No comments: