Tuesday, May 29, 2007

History in the making...


Not many know but Disney is all set to finally create thier first black character based film, The Frog Princess. From what I've seen some are upset that Disney has waited so long but I say more power to them. I'm just a bit confused as why it couldn't have been "The Princess from the Nile" or "The African Princess" but who am I?!!? (Only the best blogger I know I know but honestly people let me make my point)

She is supposed to be a princess from New Orleans?!? I guess maybe some hurricane katrina awareness or maybe no...I have no clue but I'm still excited.

Anika Noni Rose is all set to do the voice over...YAY. I heard she beat out Tyra Banks and I'm oh so thankful because she honestly would have me walking out that movie theater. Ok folks...movie should be out sometime in 2009 so keep a look out.

story

~BabyD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok its always good to see black people come up. even though it is a cartoon. it's def a step up from the lil black kid on the little rascales. who know pretty soon we will have black supper hero's, and lord knows what else. :-)

Anonymous said...

i bet if you read your blog post now you would probably feel stupid.

"The Princess from the Nile"?!? Wtf?!
Seriously horrible idea. Disney knows and knew what they were doing. You obviously are not in the movie making business so you don't know what the hell you are talking about.